Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu November 12, 2009
Tenn. Rep. Williams Stripped of GOP Creds
By AP/ Paco Long-Mendez
Elizabethton, TN – Tennessee Republican U.S. Senator Bob Corker says he won't get involved in whether state House Speaker Kent Williams should have his GOP credentials restored. Williams was stripped of his Republican credentials earlier this year for teaming with the chamber's forty-nine Democrats to win the speaker's seat over the Republican nominee. The Kingsport Times-News reports that when asked about Williams' status at a town hall meeting on Wednesday, Corker called the matter "a local and state issue".