Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri December 7, 2012
Tenn. Gov. Declares Today 'Pearl Harbor Day'
Gov. Bill Haslam is designating Dec. 7 "Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day" in Tennessee.
On December 7, 1941, more than 3,500 Americans serving in the United States military stationed at Pearl Harbor were killed or wounded in a surprise attack by Japan.
Twenty Tennessee service members on the USS Arizona were killed during the attack.