Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Fri December 7, 2012
Tenn. Gov. Declares Today 'Pearl Harbor Day'
Gov. Bill Haslam is designating Dec. 7 "Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day" in Tennessee.
On December 7, 1941, more than 3,500 Americans serving in the United States military stationed at Pearl Harbor were killed or wounded in a surprise attack by Japan.
Twenty Tennessee service members on the USS Arizona were killed during the attack.