Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Thu May 24, 2012
TeleTech Bringing over 500 Jobs to Hopkinsville with new Facility
500 to 700 jobs are coming to Hopkinsville with a new global customer service company. TeleTech Services Corporation will invest about $12 million over the next few years in a new service center in the city.
“The payroll tax is 1.95% of payroll, we’re going to rebate half of that for the first 5 years as an incentive to TeleTech. And we had great cooperation from the area development district and TVA and our Hopkinsville community college to provide the training that will be needed.”
The company will also receive about $6 million in state tax incentives through the Kentucky Business Investment program. Kemp says there is also a chance the company will open satellite offices around the region over the next few years. The 45,000-square foot facility is set to open in the fall.