Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu May 24, 2012
TeleTech Bringing over 500 Jobs to Hopkinsville with new Facility
500 to 700 jobs are coming to Hopkinsville with a new global customer service company. TeleTech Services Corporation will invest about $12 million over the next few years in a new service center in the city.
“The payroll tax is 1.95% of payroll, we’re going to rebate half of that for the first 5 years as an incentive to TeleTech. And we had great cooperation from the area development district and TVA and our Hopkinsville community college to provide the training that will be needed.”
The company will also receive about $6 million in state tax incentives through the Kentucky Business Investment program. Kemp says there is also a chance the company will open satellite offices around the region over the next few years. The 45,000-square foot facility is set to open in the fall.