Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon November 23, 2009
Teacher Assault Under Investigation
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – A Christian County school teacher has been placed on paid administrative leave after he was accused of assaulting a student. North Drive Middle School gym teacher Jeffrey Wayne King was charged last week after he allegedly shoved a twelve year student and put him in a headlock. The student was taken to Jennie Stuart Medical Center for a bruise on his chest. King faces fourth degree assault. If convicted he faces up to a year in jail and a possible five hundred dollar fine. School officials tell the Kentucky New Era King will remain on leave while they investigate the incident. He is set to appear in court December 9.