Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon November 23, 2009
Teacher Assault Under Investigation
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – A Christian County school teacher has been placed on paid administrative leave after he was accused of assaulting a student. North Drive Middle School gym teacher Jeffrey Wayne King was charged last week after he allegedly shoved a twelve year student and put him in a headlock. The student was taken to Jennie Stuart Medical Center for a bruise on his chest. King faces fourth degree assault. If convicted he faces up to a year in jail and a possible five hundred dollar fine. School officials tell the Kentucky New Era King will remain on leave while they investigate the incident. He is set to appear in court December 9.