Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon November 23, 2009
Teacher Assault Under Investigation
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – A Christian County school teacher has been placed on paid administrative leave after he was accused of assaulting a student. North Drive Middle School gym teacher Jeffrey Wayne King was charged last week after he allegedly shoved a twelve year student and put him in a headlock. The student was taken to Jennie Stuart Medical Center for a bruise on his chest. King faces fourth degree assault. If convicted he faces up to a year in jail and a possible five hundred dollar fine. School officials tell the Kentucky New Era King will remain on leave while they investigate the incident. He is set to appear in court December 9.