Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon November 23, 2009
Teacher Assault Under Investigation
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – A Christian County school teacher has been placed on paid administrative leave after he was accused of assaulting a student. North Drive Middle School gym teacher Jeffrey Wayne King was charged last week after he allegedly shoved a twelve year student and put him in a headlock. The student was taken to Jennie Stuart Medical Center for a bruise on his chest. King faces fourth degree assault. If convicted he faces up to a year in jail and a possible five hundred dollar fine. School officials tell the Kentucky New Era King will remain on leave while they investigate the incident. He is set to appear in court December 9.