Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon May 21, 2012
Tea Party Politics: A Conversation with Dr. Scott Lasley
Everyone knows about the wave of lawmakers that came onto the national scene four years ago riding the Tea Party ticket. There’s no better example of that than right here in our own backyard with Senator Rand Paul. And as we come up on Tuesday’s primary election, it’s apparent that the Tea Party movement is still influential. But how has that affected the Republican Party on down the line in state and local level elections? Gary Pitts spoke with Dr. Scott Lasley, an Associate Professor of Political Science at Western Kentucky University to find out.