Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon May 21, 2012
Tea Party Politics: A Conversation with Dr. Scott Lasley
Everyone knows about the wave of lawmakers that came onto the national scene four years ago riding the Tea Party ticket. There’s no better example of that than right here in our own backyard with Senator Rand Paul. And as we come up on Tuesday’s primary election, it’s apparent that the Tea Party movement is still influential. But how has that affected the Republican Party on down the line in state and local level elections? Gary Pitts spoke with Dr. Scott Lasley, an Associate Professor of Political Science at Western Kentucky University to find out.