Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon May 21, 2012
Tea Party Politics: A Conversation with Dr. Scott Lasley
Everyone knows about the wave of lawmakers that came onto the national scene four years ago riding the Tea Party ticket. There’s no better example of that than right here in our own backyard with Senator Rand Paul. And as we come up on Tuesday’s primary election, it’s apparent that the Tea Party movement is still influential. But how has that affected the Republican Party on down the line in state and local level elections? Gary Pitts spoke with Dr. Scott Lasley, an Associate Professor of Political Science at Western Kentucky University to find out.