Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon May 21, 2012
Tea Party Politics: A Conversation with Dr. Scott Lasley
Everyone knows about the wave of lawmakers that came onto the national scene four years ago riding the Tea Party ticket. There’s no better example of that than right here in our own backyard with Senator Rand Paul. And as we come up on Tuesday’s primary election, it’s apparent that the Tea Party movement is still influential. But how has that affected the Republican Party on down the line in state and local level elections? Gary Pitts spoke with Dr. Scott Lasley, an Associate Professor of Political Science at Western Kentucky University to find out.