Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed September 18, 2013
Tea Party Group Still Pondering Bevin Endorsement
A national tea party group is seeking input from Kentucky conservatives on whether to endorse Louisville businessman Matt Bevin. Bevin is a political outsider challenging U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell in next year's GOP primary. The head of the Senate Conservatives Fund, Matt Hoskins, said yesterday he would consider it a victory for Kentucky and the country if Bevin were to win the primary. Hoskins said Bevin won't win unless conservatives step up.
McConnell, who's seeking a sixth term, has never lost an election in Kentucky. Hoskins' group has spent $340,000 in recent weeks to air a TV ad in Kentucky bashing McConnell.