Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon August 19, 2013
Tea Party Ads Pressure Mitch McConnell, GOP Senators to Defund Obamacare
Originally published on Mon August 19, 2013 9:11 am
A pair of Tea Party groups are increasing their pressure on Sen. Mitch McConnell and his Republican caucus to de-fund President Obama's health care at all costs.
Recently, McConnell questioned that strategy and said a government shutdown would not halt the Affordable Care Act's implementation.
The Washington Post's Aaron Blake reports Tea Party Patriots and For America are targeting McConnell's caucus in a series of online advertisements in the hopes of gaining traction.
For America has already put out an ad essentially calling McConnell a "chicken" for not being more supportive.
Other groups such as the Heritage Foundation—which McConnell's wife Elaine Chao is a distinguished fellow—have been more explicit.
In a 30-second spot, the group uses quotes from Republican senators Marco Rubio of Florida and Ted Cruz of Texas saying it's time to take out funding for law immediately.