Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon August 19, 2013
Tea Party Ads Pressure Mitch McConnell, GOP Senators to Defund Obamacare
Originally published on Mon August 19, 2013 9:11 am
A pair of Tea Party groups are increasing their pressure on Sen. Mitch McConnell and his Republican caucus to de-fund President Obama's health care at all costs.
Recently, McConnell questioned that strategy and said a government shutdown would not halt the Affordable Care Act's implementation.
The Washington Post's Aaron Blake reports Tea Party Patriots and For America are targeting McConnell's caucus in a series of online advertisements in the hopes of gaining traction.
For America has already put out an ad essentially calling McConnell a "chicken" for not being more supportive.
Other groups such as the Heritage Foundation—which McConnell's wife Elaine Chao is a distinguished fellow—have been more explicit.
In a 30-second spot, the group uses quotes from Republican senators Marco Rubio of Florida and Ted Cruz of Texas saying it's time to take out funding for law immediately.