Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon August 19, 2013
Tea Party Ads Pressure Mitch McConnell, GOP Senators to Defund Obamacare
Originally published on Mon August 19, 2013 9:11 am
A pair of Tea Party groups are increasing their pressure on Sen. Mitch McConnell and his Republican caucus to de-fund President Obama's health care at all costs.
Recently, McConnell questioned that strategy and said a government shutdown would not halt the Affordable Care Act's implementation.
The Washington Post's Aaron Blake reports Tea Party Patriots and For America are targeting McConnell's caucus in a series of online advertisements in the hopes of gaining traction.
For America has already put out an ad essentially calling McConnell a "chicken" for not being more supportive.
Other groups such as the Heritage Foundation—which McConnell's wife Elaine Chao is a distinguished fellow—have been more explicit.
In a 30-second spot, the group uses quotes from Republican senators Marco Rubio of Florida and Ted Cruz of Texas saying it's time to take out funding for law immediately.