Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri January 25, 2013
Tea Party Activists Take Aim at Insurance Exchange
Tea party activists are pushing to dismantle Kentucky's new health insurance exchange before it even gets off the ground. After a Thursday board meeting for the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange activists said they are supporting a bill to require legislative approval of the exchange, which was created by Gov. Steve Beshear’s executive order.
Exchange executive director Carrie Banahan told board members the exchange is making progress on a website that would make picking health insurance similar to buying an airline ticket online. Consumers would be able to compare costs and benefits. Banahan predicts about 300,000 people will purchase insurance through Kentucky's exchange.