Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue March 19, 2013
TDOT Announces New Office To Work With Cities
Tennessee Transportation Commissioner John Schroer says his agency's new Office of Community Transportation is aimed at better coordinating transportation planning statewide. Schroer announced the office’s formation yesterday. He says the state wants to increase collaboration between TDOT and cities across Tennessee.
The office will have regional staff in Knoxville, Nashville, Chattanooga and Memphis committed to working specifically with the communities within their region. They will also work closely with Tennessee's Metropolitan Planning Organizations to coordinate regional transportation priorities.