Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Tue March 19, 2013
TDOT Announces New Office To Work With Cities
Tennessee Transportation Commissioner John Schroer says his agency's new Office of Community Transportation is aimed at better coordinating transportation planning statewide. Schroer announced the office’s formation yesterday. He says the state wants to increase collaboration between TDOT and cities across Tennessee.
The office will have regional staff in Knoxville, Nashville, Chattanooga and Memphis committed to working specifically with the communities within their region. They will also work closely with Tennessee's Metropolitan Planning Organizations to coordinate regional transportation priorities.