Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue March 19, 2013
TDOT Announces New Office To Work With Cities
Tennessee Transportation Commissioner John Schroer says his agency's new Office of Community Transportation is aimed at better coordinating transportation planning statewide. Schroer announced the office’s formation yesterday. He says the state wants to increase collaboration between TDOT and cities across Tennessee.
The office will have regional staff in Knoxville, Nashville, Chattanooga and Memphis committed to working specifically with the communities within their region. They will also work closely with Tennessee's Metropolitan Planning Organizations to coordinate regional transportation priorities.