Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue March 19, 2013
TDOT Announces New Office To Work With Cities
Tennessee Transportation Commissioner John Schroer says his agency's new Office of Community Transportation is aimed at better coordinating transportation planning statewide. Schroer announced the office’s formation yesterday. He says the state wants to increase collaboration between TDOT and cities across Tennessee.
The office will have regional staff in Knoxville, Nashville, Chattanooga and Memphis committed to working specifically with the communities within their region. They will also work closely with Tennessee's Metropolitan Planning Organizations to coordinate regional transportation priorities.