Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue March 19, 2013
TDOT Announces New Office To Work With Cities
Tennessee Transportation Commissioner John Schroer says his agency's new Office of Community Transportation is aimed at better coordinating transportation planning statewide. Schroer announced the office’s formation yesterday. He says the state wants to increase collaboration between TDOT and cities across Tennessee.
The office will have regional staff in Knoxville, Nashville, Chattanooga and Memphis committed to working specifically with the communities within their region. They will also work closely with Tennessee's Metropolitan Planning Organizations to coordinate regional transportation priorities.