Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue December 24, 2013
TDEC Awards $2.3 Million in Recycling Grants
The Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation has awarded about $2.3 million in recycling grants. Commissioner Bob Martineau says the grants are meant to help reduce landfill waste in the state. Most of the money comes in the form of "Recycling Hub and Spoke Grants," which are used to expand regional facilities to collect, transport and process materials from several counties and municipalities.
The remaining grants are to be used to buy equipment for recycling programs. One of the larger grants include $300,000 for a tire shredder in Montgomery County.