Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue December 24, 2013
TDEC Awards $2.3 Million in Recycling Grants
The Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation has awarded about $2.3 million in recycling grants. Commissioner Bob Martineau says the grants are meant to help reduce landfill waste in the state. Most of the money comes in the form of "Recycling Hub and Spoke Grants," which are used to expand regional facilities to collect, transport and process materials from several counties and municipalities.
The remaining grants are to be used to buy equipment for recycling programs. One of the larger grants include $300,000 for a tire shredder in Montgomery County.