Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Murray State’s Next President Says University Discussing Short, Long Term Roles with Mid-Continent
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue December 24, 2013
TDEC Awards $2.3 Million in Recycling Grants
The Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation has awarded about $2.3 million in recycling grants. Commissioner Bob Martineau says the grants are meant to help reduce landfill waste in the state. Most of the money comes in the form of "Recycling Hub and Spoke Grants," which are used to expand regional facilities to collect, transport and process materials from several counties and municipalities.
The remaining grants are to be used to buy equipment for recycling programs. One of the larger grants include $300,000 for a tire shredder in Montgomery County.