Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu June 20, 2013
TBI: Women More Likely Family Violence Victims
A new study of domestic violence in Tennessee last year found women were nearly two times more likely to be victimized than men and children were the victims in 16% of all family violence cases. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation put out a report this week analyzing crime statistics from law enforcement agencies across the state.
Their findings show that nearly 15% of all crimes reported were domestic in nature. The study looked at the relationships between victims and offenders as well as the influence of drugs and alcohol on family violence. The study found that more than 17% of family violence involves drugs or alcohol, with alcohol being the most common.