Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu December 6, 2012
Tax Reform Panel to Make Recommendations to Beshear
The Blue Ribbon Commission on Tax Reform meets today to share its recommendations with Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear. Beshear appointed the commission earlier this year to suggest ways to simplify the tax code and generate enough revenue to meet state needs and carry Kentuckians through the recession.
The commission is going to assess the Commonwealth’s individual income tax to see if it needs changes. It has already proposed raising the cigarette tax to one dollar per pack from 60 cents and has ruled out a 6 percent tax on groceries that would have generated 500 million dollars a year.