Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu December 6, 2012
Tax Reform Panel to Make Recommendations to Beshear
The Blue Ribbon Commission on Tax Reform meets today to share its recommendations with Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear. Beshear appointed the commission earlier this year to suggest ways to simplify the tax code and generate enough revenue to meet state needs and carry Kentuckians through the recession.
The commission is going to assess the Commonwealth’s individual income tax to see if it needs changes. It has already proposed raising the cigarette tax to one dollar per pack from 60 cents and has ruled out a 6 percent tax on groceries that would have generated 500 million dollars a year.