Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu November 29, 2012
Tax Reform Panel Last Meeting Next Week
What is expected to be the final meeting of Kentucky’s Blue Ribbon Commission on Tax Reform is set for next week in Frankfort. The commission members will finalize their recommendations for reforming the state’s tax code Dec. 6.
Proposals for reform include raising the cigarette tax from 60 cents to $1. The panels had ruled out putting a 6 percent tax on groceries that could have generated $500 million a year. Governor Beshear appointed the tax panel earlier this year to simplify the tax code and generate enough revenue to meet state needs.