Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu November 29, 2012
Tax Reform Panel Last Meeting Next Week
What is expected to be the final meeting of Kentucky’s Blue Ribbon Commission on Tax Reform is set for next week in Frankfort. The commission members will finalize their recommendations for reforming the state’s tax code Dec. 6.
Proposals for reform include raising the cigarette tax from 60 cents to $1. The panels had ruled out putting a 6 percent tax on groceries that could have generated $500 million a year. Governor Beshear appointed the tax panel earlier this year to simplify the tax code and generate enough revenue to meet state needs.