Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon May 28, 2012
Tax Reform Commission to Hold First Town Hall in Paducah
Kentucky Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson and members of the Blue Ribbon Commission on Tax Reform will hold the first of six town hall meetings throughout the Commonwealth tomorrow night at 6 at Paducah Tilghman High School. The town hall meetings will occur throughout the summer, encouraging public comment before the Commission completes its work at the end of the year. The Commission was created by Governor Steve Beshear to evaluate numerous areas of Kentucky’s tax system and propose ways to reform it. The Commission will report its findings to the Governor by November 15th. Citizens can offer comments through online forms or ask to make presentations at the upcoming commission meetings.