Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon May 28, 2012
Tax Reform Commission to Hold First Town Hall in Paducah
Kentucky Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson and members of the Blue Ribbon Commission on Tax Reform will hold the first of six town hall meetings throughout the Commonwealth tomorrow night at 6 at Paducah Tilghman High School. The town hall meetings will occur throughout the summer, encouraging public comment before the Commission completes its work at the end of the year. The Commission was created by Governor Steve Beshear to evaluate numerous areas of Kentucky’s tax system and propose ways to reform it. The Commission will report its findings to the Governor by November 15th. Citizens can offer comments through online forms or ask to make presentations at the upcoming commission meetings.