Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu August 6, 2009
By Chris Taylor
Tennessee – Tennessee is going tax-free for the weekend, starting at midnight tonight. This year's sales tax holiday is aimed at the back-to-school crowd, with clothing and computers getting the break. Tennessee's Department of Revenue says buyers will not pay state or local taxes on clothing and school supplies under $100 and computers priced under $1,500.