Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Investigation Uncovers More Crimes
Tue February 28, 2012
Tax Fraud Investigation Leads to Drug Arrest
A Murray Police Department investigation of a case of tax preparer fraud has led to one arrest and additional drug charges. Officers served a search warrant Monday afternoon at the business FO SHO DOUGH TAX following a tip of suspicious account activity by a local bank. A search of the business and residence of owner Silvia Jones turned up over 10,000 dollars in cash and four pounds of marijuana. Police arrested 20-year-old Anna Urquhari at the Jones residence on charges of trafficking marijuana. Police have a warrant for Jones on charges of identity theft, forgery and willfully filing and making false tax returns.