Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Investigation Uncovers More Crimes
Tue February 28, 2012
Tax Fraud Investigation Leads to Drug Arrest
A Murray Police Department investigation of a case of tax preparer fraud has led to one arrest and additional drug charges. Officers served a search warrant Monday afternoon at the business FO SHO DOUGH TAX following a tip of suspicious account activity by a local bank. A search of the business and residence of owner Silvia Jones turned up over 10,000 dollars in cash and four pounds of marijuana. Police arrested 20-year-old Anna Urquhari at the Jones residence on charges of trafficking marijuana. Police have a warrant for Jones on charges of identity theft, forgery and willfully filing and making false tax returns.