Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu November 8, 2012
Tax Amnesty Deadline is November 30
Kentucky’s tax amnesty program has brought in thousands of payments, and the state expects more before the Nov. 30 deadline. The amnesty allows delinquent taxpayers to pay back taxes without penalties, and cuts interest amounts by half. Finance and administration secretary Lori Flanery says taxpayers save 30 percent on average with amnesty.
The commonwealth’s last such program in 2002 brought in $40 million. Officials expect more this time, but how much won’t be clear until next summer after the last payment deadline.