Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu November 8, 2012
Tax Amnesty Deadline is November 30
Kentucky’s tax amnesty program has brought in thousands of payments, and the state expects more before the Nov. 30 deadline. The amnesty allows delinquent taxpayers to pay back taxes without penalties, and cuts interest amounts by half. Finance and administration secretary Lori Flanery says taxpayers save 30 percent on average with amnesty.
The commonwealth’s last such program in 2002 brought in $40 million. Officials expect more this time, but how much won’t be clear until next summer after the last payment deadline.