Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu November 8, 2012
Tax Amnesty Deadline is November 30
Kentucky’s tax amnesty program has brought in thousands of payments, and the state expects more before the Nov. 30 deadline. The amnesty allows delinquent taxpayers to pay back taxes without penalties, and cuts interest amounts by half. Finance and administration secretary Lori Flanery says taxpayers save 30 percent on average with amnesty.
The commonwealth’s last such program in 2002 brought in $40 million. Officials expect more this time, but how much won’t be clear until next summer after the last payment deadline.