Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri November 6, 2009
Tanner Says No to House Health Care Bill
By Angela Hatton
Washington, D. C. – Tennessee's 8th District U-S Congressman has yet to endorse a health care bill. Democrat John Tanner says the bill currently before the House would not control long-term health care costs. Tanner supports controlling health care cost increases and ensuring no one is denied coverage due to pre-existing conditions. Tanner is co-founder of the fiscally conservative Blue Dog Democrats.