Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon June 22, 2009
Tanner Pushes for Nursing Home
By Caleb Campbell
Clarksville, TN – Tennessee Congressman John Tanner is asking a House appropriations subcommittee to study why a veterans nursing home is vital in Montgomery County. If the study moves forward, the results would be used to urge the VA to fund a nursing home construction project. Tanner says that Montgomery County has the state's largest population of veterans. He says other counties surrounding Fort Campbell contain nearly 30,000 veterans. The matter goes to the full Appropriations Committee this week. If approved, the measure will go to the full House later this summer.