Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon June 22, 2009
Tanner Pushes for Nursing Home
By Caleb Campbell
Clarksville, TN – Tennessee Congressman John Tanner is asking a House appropriations subcommittee to study why a veterans nursing home is vital in Montgomery County. If the study moves forward, the results would be used to urge the VA to fund a nursing home construction project. Tanner says that Montgomery County has the state's largest population of veterans. He says other counties surrounding Fort Campbell contain nearly 30,000 veterans. The matter goes to the full Appropriations Committee this week. If approved, the measure will go to the full House later this summer.