Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon June 22, 2009
Tanner Pushes for Nursing Home
By Caleb Campbell
Clarksville, TN – Tennessee Congressman John Tanner is asking a House appropriations subcommittee to study why a veterans nursing home is vital in Montgomery County. If the study moves forward, the results would be used to urge the VA to fund a nursing home construction project. Tanner says that Montgomery County has the state's largest population of veterans. He says other counties surrounding Fort Campbell contain nearly 30,000 veterans. The matter goes to the full Appropriations Committee this week. If approved, the measure will go to the full House later this summer.