Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue June 23, 2009
Tanker Crash Closes Lanes
By Angela Hatton
Mayfield, KY – Northbound lanes of the Purchase Parkway outside of Mayfield have reopened after a fiery tanker truck crash that killed the driver. State police dispatcher Marie Hart says the crash occurred around 5 AM this morning when the tanker ran off a Parkway bridge, landing on U.S. Highway 45. She says the tanker was empty but caught fire on impact. Graves County Coroner Phillip McClain identifies the driver as 42-year-old Timmy Byas of LaCenter. He says no one else was in the tanker. No other vehicles were involved in the crash.