Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue June 23, 2009
Tanker Crash Closes Lanes
By Angela Hatton
Mayfield, KY – Northbound lanes of the Purchase Parkway outside of Mayfield have reopened after a fiery tanker truck crash that killed the driver. State police dispatcher Marie Hart says the crash occurred around 5 AM this morning when the tanker ran off a Parkway bridge, landing on U.S. Highway 45. She says the tanker was empty but caught fire on impact. Graves County Coroner Phillip McClain identifies the driver as 42-year-old Timmy Byas of LaCenter. He says no one else was in the tanker. No other vehicles were involved in the crash.