Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue June 23, 2009
Tanker Crash Closes Lanes
By Angela Hatton
Mayfield, KY – Northbound lanes of the Purchase Parkway outside of Mayfield have reopened after a fiery tanker truck crash that killed the driver. State police dispatcher Marie Hart says the crash occurred around 5 AM this morning when the tanker ran off a Parkway bridge, landing on U.S. Highway 45. She says the tanker was empty but caught fire on impact. Graves County Coroner Phillip McClain identifies the driver as 42-year-old Timmy Byas of LaCenter. He says no one else was in the tanker. No other vehicles were involved in the crash.