Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri July 27, 2012
Tamms Minimum Security Prisoners Transfered
The Illinois Department of Corrections has transferred thirty more minimum-security inmates yesterday from the Tamms Prison to a work camp in Hardin County. The prison has been marked for closure August 31st. Shutting it down is projected to save the state an estimated $48 million.