Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri July 27, 2012
Tamms Minimum Security Prisoners Transfered
The Illinois Department of Corrections has transferred thirty more minimum-security inmates yesterday from the Tamms Prison to a work camp in Hardin County. The prison has been marked for closure August 31st. Shutting it down is projected to save the state an estimated $48 million.