Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri April 17, 2009
A Tale of Two Churches
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – When times get rough, it's not unusual for people to turn to God, or at least their church, for help. But how do churches, which to some degree rely on the contributions of their members, handle their finances in a down economy? How does the level of giving, up or down, affect the work they do, both for their congregations and the larger community? Todd Hatton talked to ministers at two area churches, one large and one small, to see how they're weathering these uncertain times.