Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri April 17, 2009
A Tale of Two Churches
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – When times get rough, it's not unusual for people to turn to God, or at least their church, for help. But how do churches, which to some degree rely on the contributions of their members, handle their finances in a down economy? How does the level of giving, up or down, affect the work they do, both for their congregations and the larger community? Todd Hatton talked to ministers at two area churches, one large and one small, to see how they're weathering these uncertain times.