Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Around the Nation
Fri March 28, 2014
Taco Bell Commercial Takes A Jab At McDonald's
Originally published on Mon March 31, 2014 11:12 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep. Taco Bell stuck it to McDonald's. The fast-food chain is broadcasting TV ads featuring Ronald McDonald. Dozens of people who are really named Ronald McDonald promote Taco Bell. While tweaking the McDonald's mascot, they also promote Taco Bell's authentic Mexican cuisine, including a breakfast waffle taco.
Now there's no word if the McDonald's chain to retaliate by filling its ads with talking Chihuahuas or, for that matter, with people whose last name is Bell. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.