Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue June 5, 2012
Synthetic Marijuana Sales Drop
Law enforcement in Owensboro and Daviess County report a drop in attempts by stores to sell synthetic marijuana since the passage of a state law banning the product.
But, both police and sheriff's officials are now concerned that fake pot is being sold by individuals who bought the product before the law kicked in this April. Owensboro Police Sergeant Jeff Roby says officers found three plastic containers of synthetic marijuana one home. Daviess County Sheriff Keith Cain says some stores are trying to make an end run around the law, but are being told no form of the drug is legal. Kentucky had attempted to prohibit the sale of synthetic drugs in 2010, but the drug manufacturers were able to skirt the law by slightly changing their chemical formulas. Kentucky State Police officials say investigators seized synthetic drugs at convenience stores in Warren County; in Henderson and Daviess counties.