Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue June 5, 2012
Synthetic Marijuana Sales Drop
Law enforcement in Owensboro and Daviess County report a drop in attempts by stores to sell synthetic marijuana since the passage of a state law banning the product.
But, both police and sheriff's officials are now concerned that fake pot is being sold by individuals who bought the product before the law kicked in this April. Owensboro Police Sergeant Jeff Roby says officers found three plastic containers of synthetic marijuana one home. Daviess County Sheriff Keith Cain says some stores are trying to make an end run around the law, but are being told no form of the drug is legal. Kentucky had attempted to prohibit the sale of synthetic drugs in 2010, but the drug manufacturers were able to skirt the law by slightly changing their chemical formulas. Kentucky State Police officials say investigators seized synthetic drugs at convenience stores in Warren County; in Henderson and Daviess counties.