Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Wed July 8, 2009
Swine Flu Debuts in Murray
By Chris Taylor
Murray, KY – Murray Primary Care Medical Center officials have confirmed two cases of swine flu in Calloway County. Doctors say both H1N1 patients have been treated and cured. One of the patients is a visiting 10-year-old girl from Wisconsin, while the other is a local 16-year-old girl. RN Janet Essary says a third suspect case was treated and was a family member of one of the girls. The patients showed symptoms of the virus two weeks ago, only yesterday did lab results show positive for H1N1. Essary says the cases have passed and Murray is no more dangerous than anywhere else in the world.
Still, people should wash their hands to ensure staying healthy. If you experience symptoms of body aches, fever and chills, sore throat, coughing, and fatigue, you should consult your doctor right away.