Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed June 10, 2009
Suspicious Package Forces Evacuation of Kevil Business Park
By Chris Taylor
Kevil, KY – A suspicious package is the reason nearly three hundred employees evacuated the West Kentucky Technology Park in Kevil. WPSD-TV reports a shoe box size package wrapped in plain, brown paper arrived around ten a-m this morning with a Rochester, New York return address. Ballard County Sheriff's Office is on the scene with support from the Paducah Police's Bomb Squad, where they have reportedly marked off a 300-foot-radius around the building.