Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue June 4, 2013
Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
A new poll shows Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell with a slight lead over two possible Democratic challengers in his 2014 re-election bid.
The Wenzel Strategies survey of likely voters found Senator McConnell has a 7-point lead over Kentucky Secretary of State and potential contender Alison Lundergan Grimes.
In the head-to-head contest, the survey gives McConnell 46% of the vote with Grimes receiving 39%.
Another aspect of the survey finds McConnell winning by 5 points over former Miss America Heather French Henry, who is considering a possible run. McConnell received 45% of the vote while Henry received 39%, which places her more favorably than Grimes.
Neither Grimes or Henry have confirmed a run for office.
In both situations, 13% of likely voters claimed to be undecided. The survey has a 4% margin of error.
Last week, Public Policy Polling’s survey found that voters favor for McConnell and Grimes was tied, McConnell’s re-election campaign says those results were laughable and should be dismissed.