Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue July 7, 2009
Superintendents Concerned No Kentuckians in Running
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky Association of School Superintendents is expressing concern that a Kentuckian is not among the finalists for the state's education commissioner. Executive Director Wilson Sears says an outsider faces a steep learning curve.
"We have lots of issues right now in the state of Kentucky with budget deficits, a new assessment system. We think we had some very capable, competent, actually outstanding superintendents that applied for this job."
Sears knows of at least two Kentucky superintendents who made it to the list of twelve semifinalists, but didn't advance further. Chairman Joe Brothers says the state board of education felt the four finalists were the most qualified. The board interviews the finalists for the last time tomorrow. A new commissioner could be announced this week.