Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Wed June 5, 2013
Summer Events at Ft. Donelson National Battlefield
Todd Hatton speaks with Mike Manning, Chief Ranger, and Brian McCutcheon, Park Superintendent, of Fort Donelson National Battlefield in Dover, Tennessee about events and activities this summer. In this interview, Manning also describes the historical significance of the fort during the Civil War. Work starts on a new museum, with new exhibits like gunboats, earthworks, and the effects on regional populations. For now, see the traveling exhibit, "Life and Limb: The Toll of the American Civil War, " on display now in the welcome center. Later this summer, see an Army/Navy Exhibit offered by longtime friends of the park. See more on the Fort Donelson website.