Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue October 21, 2008
Suicide Follows Stand-off
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – An apparent suicide followed a three-hour standoff Monday. The Calloway County Sheriff's Department was asked to look in on Gary Bishop of Coles Campground Road. Detective Samantha Mighell says upon further research, officers discovered there was an FBI arrest warrant for Bishop on charges of federal fraud. After several unsuccessful attempts to persuade Bishop to leave his residence, a Marshall County Special Response Team entered and found Bishop dead from an apparent gunshot wound to the head. Authorities believe the wound to have been self-inflicted.