Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue March 12, 2013
Stumbo Says KY Hemp Bill Is Dead
Kentucky House Speaker Greg Stumbo says the state's industrial hemp bill is dead, although the measure’s proponents insist it's not too late to revive it in the waning days of the General Assembly session. The proposal would let Kentucky quickly license hemp growers if the federal government lifts its ban on the plant.
Hemp thrived as a crop in the Commonwealth generations ago, but has been banned for decades by the federal government. Greg Stumbo says the bill is stuck in committee and it’s too late for a vote based on General Assembly rules. Three days remain in this year's legislative session.