Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue August 17, 2010
Stumbo Predicts Paul Will Lose
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky House Speaker Greg Stumbo is predicting a significant victory by Democratic Attorney General Jack Conway over Republican physician Rand Paul in this year's U-S Senate race. Following a legislative committee meeting in Frankfort, Stumbo told reporters Paul is out of touch with Kentucky.
"He's out of touch with Kentucky's needs. He's out of touch with Kentucky's values. He doesn't know about Kentucky's problems. You can just keep on going down the list. The more people hear about what Rand Paul thinks about things, the more they understand, he doesn't know a lot about things. And he certainly doesn't have the solutions for the problems that we have here."
But with the November 2nd General Election only 11 weeks away, Paul continues to maintain at least an eight point lead over Conway in most polls. The two are vying for the seat currently held by Republican U-S Sen. Jim Bunning, who's not seeking a third term. One of Paul's strongest supporters is Kentucky Senate President David Williams.