Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue March 13, 2012
Strong Sales Push up General Fund Revenue in KY
General Fund receipts in Kentucky have grown faster than expected over the past month, thanks largely to an increase in sales tax revenue. Budget Director Mary Lassiter says total February receipts were up by over 21 million dollars, or almost four percent. She credits a portion of that increase to gift cards exchanged during the Christmas season that are only now being used. Lassiter says February is not typically Kentucky's best month for revenue collection, so the rise was welcome news.