Most Active Stories
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Kentucky Baptists Take Credit for Failure of Medical Marijuana Bills
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 at 7 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
Thu May 15, 2014
Storms Cause Damage Locally
The National Weather Service reported the storm system that passed through Western Kentucky Wednesday produced high winds that blew walls and roofs off several buildings and downed powerlines. Most of the damage occurred in Christian County, northeast of Hopkinsville between 4 and 5pm.
Four large trees fell on power lines, and residents reported sighting a funnel cloud around the time of most of the building damage.
Flash floods also covered eleven roads in the Southern half of Calloway County yesterday afternoon.