Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu May 15, 2014
Storms Cause Damage Locally
The National Weather Service reported the storm system that passed through Western Kentucky Wednesday produced high winds that blew walls and roofs off several buildings and downed powerlines. Most of the damage occurred in Christian County, northeast of Hopkinsville between 4 and 5pm.
Four large trees fell on power lines, and residents reported sighting a funnel cloud around the time of most of the building damage.
Flash floods also covered eleven roads in the Southern half of Calloway County yesterday afternoon.