Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon January 25, 2010
Storm Possible on Thursday
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Paducah, KY – The National Weather Service's Hazardous weather outlook reports a possible winter storm this week. Wind directions will play a key role. Meteorologist Alex Dodd says though the storm has a chance of missing the area completely, if it does hit, it should be nothing like last year's ice storm.
"Despite the fact that this is very close to the anniversary of the ice storm a year ago, we're not looking at any freezing rain. If we were to see any, it would be very trace amounts, minimal, inconsequential."
Should the storm hit, we can expect a few inches of snow gathering over Thursday night into Friday morning. Low temperatures setting in will also contribute to hazardous driving conditions.