Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon January 25, 2010
Storm Possible on Thursday
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Paducah, KY – The National Weather Service's Hazardous weather outlook reports a possible winter storm this week. Wind directions will play a key role. Meteorologist Alex Dodd says though the storm has a chance of missing the area completely, if it does hit, it should be nothing like last year's ice storm.
"Despite the fact that this is very close to the anniversary of the ice storm a year ago, we're not looking at any freezing rain. If we were to see any, it would be very trace amounts, minimal, inconsequential."
Should the storm hit, we can expect a few inches of snow gathering over Thursday night into Friday morning. Low temperatures setting in will also contribute to hazardous driving conditions.