Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon January 25, 2010
Storm Possible on Thursday
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Paducah, KY – The National Weather Service's Hazardous weather outlook reports a possible winter storm this week. Wind directions will play a key role. Meteorologist Alex Dodd says though the storm has a chance of missing the area completely, if it does hit, it should be nothing like last year's ice storm.
"Despite the fact that this is very close to the anniversary of the ice storm a year ago, we're not looking at any freezing rain. If we were to see any, it would be very trace amounts, minimal, inconsequential."
Should the storm hit, we can expect a few inches of snow gathering over Thursday night into Friday morning. Low temperatures setting in will also contribute to hazardous driving conditions.