Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
2013 KY General Assembly
Fri February 15, 2013
Stivers Pledges to Get Military Voting Bill Filed
Senate President Robert Stivers says he intends to file legislation to ensure that Kentucky soldiers deployed overseas can cast ballots back home. The designation "Senate Bill 1" has been reserved for the proposal, signifying it is the Senate's top priority, but the legislation wasn’t filed as of Thursday, and the deadline is today.
Stivers, who will sponsor the bill, says the provision that would allow soldiers to return absentee ballots via email was still up in the air on Thursday. The government watchdog group Common Cause of Kentucky raised concerns about hackers potentially accessing email and influencing elections.
Secretary of State Alison Grimes wants the email provision included in the bill.