Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon October 29, 2012
Stivers has Support for Senate Presidency
Kentucky Senate Majority Leader Robert Stivers is getting plenty of vocal support to succeed David Williams as Senate president. This comes days after Williams said he was resigning to take a circuit judge position.
The Courier-Journal reports Stivers says he’s interested in the Senate presidency and he thinks he has the votes to win. Even though the next Senate president won't be elected until January, Republicans and Democrats alike are assuming Stivers will get the job. Republican caucus chairman Senator Dan Seum says they expect to informally choose Williams' successor during meetings in Frankfort this December.