Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri November 6, 2009
Stimulus Update in West Kentucky
By Angela Hatton
Eddyville, KY – More than 2 million dollars in Federal stimulus money is at work in the Purchase and Pennyrile regions. West Kentucky Workforce Investment Board met today and discussed, among other things, job training and temporary employment. Officials report four million dollars have been allocated for youth and adult training and over half of that has been used. Programs at regional community colleges have facilitated some of the training. Officials also highlighted the Summer Works program which provided jobs for 513 residents between the ages of 18 and 24. Seventeen counties comprise the Pennyrile and Purchase regions.