Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Fri July 24, 2009
Stimulus to Pay for 2 More LBL Projects
Golden Pond, KY – Two more projects at Land Between the Lakes have been selected to receive federal stimulus funds. LBL Area Supervisor Bill Lisowsky says one project will involve trail reconstruction and bridge replacements. Specifically the national recreation area will be replacing small foot bridges and reconstructing trail segments in areas where needed.
Another project will replace a wastewater treatment plant at Wranglers Campground, which is open year-round. The projects were among 191 U.S. Forest Service projects funded in 32 states.