Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Fri July 24, 2009
Stimulus to Pay for 2 More LBL Projects
Golden Pond, KY – Two more projects at Land Between the Lakes have been selected to receive federal stimulus funds. LBL Area Supervisor Bill Lisowsky says one project will involve trail reconstruction and bridge replacements. Specifically the national recreation area will be replacing small foot bridges and reconstructing trail segments in areas where needed.
Another project will replace a wastewater treatment plant at Wranglers Campground, which is open year-round. The projects were among 191 U.S. Forest Service projects funded in 32 states.