Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed June 10, 2009
Stimulus Money Helps USEC Hires
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – The Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant will use forty million dollars in stimulus money for new hires. Contractors plan to hire more than fifty people in the coming months to expedite cleanup efforts at some building sites. The Paducah Sun reports the jobs will probably last through September 2011. Paducah's share is about one percent of six billion dollars allotted for nuclear cleanup.