Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Tue July 7, 2009
Stimulus Money Helps KY Go Green
Frankfort, KY – The federal government is helping the Commonwealth "go green." Kentucky is expected to receive $49 million in stimulus money as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. The initiative is part of the government's efforts to advance renewable and efficient energy. About $28 million will go toward the state's weatherization program, which allow low-income families to save money by making their homes more energy efficient. The remaining $21 million will go to the State Energy Program, which focuses on energy saving and job creation. Schools and public buildings will be audited under the new program, making them more energy efficient.