Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed June 24, 2009
Stimulus Bill Approved
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky lawmakers have given final approval to a plan to erase a $1 billion budget shortfall brought on by the ailing economy. Both the House and Senate approved a bill today that applies some $740 million in federal economic stimulus money to the state budget. The remainder of the shortfall will be handled largely through a 2.6 percent cut to government agencies. Governor Steve Beshear is reviewing the bill.