Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed June 24, 2009
Stimulus Bill Approved
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky lawmakers have given final approval to a plan to erase a $1 billion budget shortfall brought on by the ailing economy. Both the House and Senate approved a bill today that applies some $740 million in federal economic stimulus money to the state budget. The remainder of the shortfall will be handled largely through a 2.6 percent cut to government agencies. Governor Steve Beshear is reviewing the bill.