Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri September 11, 2009
Steve Nunn Arrested After Ex-Fiance Found Dead
By Angela Hatton
Bowling Green, KY – Former Kentucky State Representative and 2003 gubernatorial candidate Steve Nunn is under arrest for violating an emergency protective order after his ex-fianc was found dead. Angela Hatton reports.
29-year-old Amanda Ross was shot outside her Lexington townhouse early this morning. Following a history of domestic conflict, she had taken out an emergency protective order against Nunn. He was arrested today with a handgun in his possession and charged with violating the E-P-O. In Bowling Green today, Governor Steve Beshear reacted to the news.
"She and her family were fairly well-known in the Frankfort area because her dad was involved in various businesses that related to Frankfort one way or the other and she's been involved in those businesses too."
Barren County Sheriff Chris Eaton says Nunn was found at a church cemetery near the Hart-Barren county line where his parents are buried. Nunn's wrists had been cut. The former lawmaker is being treated at the medical center in Bowling Green. Sheriff Eaton says he is in fair condition and able to speak with investigators. Nunn is the son of former Governor Louie B. Nunn.