Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon October 3, 2011
Steve Beshear Leads David Williams by 31 Points in Governor's Race in Latest Poll
By Shelly Baskin/Courier-Journal
Louisville, KY – A new poll shows incumbent Democratic Governor Steve Beshear has increased his lead over Republican challenger David Williams to a commanding 31 points. The Courier-Journal/WHAS 11 Bluegrass poll was conducted by SurveyUSA in late September. The poll shows Beshear with 57%, Williams with 26% and independent Gatewood Galbraith with 8% among likely voters. 9% of the voters polled said they were still undecided. The Courier-Journal reports previous polls show Beshear's lead increasing steadily since his 21 point lead in June. Williams' campaign manager Donald Storm says they will continue to reach out to voters because the poll was conducted too early to account for new ads and reports that the governor took credit for creating jobs that don't exist.