Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu June 21, 2012
Statewide Horse Count
A new survey aims to provide an estimate of how many horses live in the self-proclaimed "Horse Capitol of the World." Professor Jill Stowe, who is leading the portion of the project delegated to the University of Kentucky, is careful to distinguish it from a census.
That survey will collect information about the number of horses, breeds, and uses But Stowe says that's not all the entire project will examine.