Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon July 6, 2009
States Board Narrows List of Education Commissioner Candidates
By Stephanie Sanders
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky could soon have a new education commissioner. The board narrowed its list of candidates to four last week after a round of interviews. Spokesperson Lisa Gross says the board will meet Wednesday for final interviews with the remaining candidates.
"A decision could be made very quickly. I don't want to pin the board down, don't want to paint them into a corner. They could make a decision that day, they would like to make a decision, they tell me, by the middle of July, because the goal is still to have someone in the position by August first."
The four finalists were selected last week from twelve semi-finalists. About 300 candidates have been vetted for the position. You can see the state-released profiles of the finalists by clicking here: Commissioner Finalists.