Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon July 6, 2009
States Board Narrows List of Education Commissioner Candidates
By Stephanie Sanders
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky could soon have a new education commissioner. The board narrowed its list of candidates to four last week after a round of interviews. Spokesperson Lisa Gross says the board will meet Wednesday for final interviews with the remaining candidates.
"A decision could be made very quickly. I don't want to pin the board down, don't want to paint them into a corner. They could make a decision that day, they would like to make a decision, they tell me, by the middle of July, because the goal is still to have someone in the position by August first."
The four finalists were selected last week from twelve semi-finalists. About 300 candidates have been vetted for the position. You can see the state-released profiles of the finalists by clicking here: Commissioner Finalists.