Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Mon August 20, 2012
State Still Seeking Applicants for W. Ky. Medical Examiner
The Madisonville state medical examiner’s office remains open after being threatened with closure earlier this year. The office hasn't had a medical examiner since June 2011, but now officials hope that a new salary for first-year medical examiners may entice applicants.
The Owensboro Messenger-Inquirer reports western Kentucky legislators, coroners and law enforcement personnel argued to keep the office open after it was considered for closure as a cost-saving move during the 2012 legislative session. Justice and Public Safety Cabinet spokeswoman Jennifer Brislin says a new salary schedule that took effect last week sets the salary for a first-year medical examiner at between $108,000 and $141,000.