Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed June 24, 2009
State Legislature Close to Finalizing Bills
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky House and Senate are preparing to take final action on bills addressing the budget, bridge financing and economic incentives. This morning, House and Senate conferees signed-off on agreements reached on those issues. Senate President David Williams says the economic incentives bill exempts one race day in Kentucky from the pari-mutuel tax.
"What this does, is it exempts on Breeders Cup day - and Breeders Cup would be the only event that would qualify. It's would be a two-day event. This is an incentive to try to get the Breeders Cup to come back to Kentucky."
The bill also exempts active duty military personnel from state income taxes, effective January 1, 2010. Once both houses have approved all pending legislation, the special session will conclude.