Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon June 29, 2009
State Government Covers Ice Storm Costs
By Casey Northcutt
Frankfort, KY – Governor Beshear announced Friday that the state government would cover ice storm cleanup costs for affected Jackson Purchase counties. Originally, FEMA agreed to pay 75 percent of the cost for debris removal and left the rest for Kentucky state and local governments to split in matching funds. Beshear says the state will now cover the entire 25 percent, reimbursing counties for eligible expenses through Kentucky Emergency Management. Caldwell County Judge-Executive Brock Thomas says this will save his county 345-thousand-dollars.